If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
-Mother Teresa

May 26, 2008

Springtime in the Anti Atlas

[So, this post is already outdated. But I thought you would all still enjoy the entry. I'll post all the post-IST toughts and pictures as soon as I digest the last crazy week.]

Hello! Well, as we prepare for our In-Service Training (which marks a third of our service!) things have suddenly gotten quite hectic. None of my spring projects are complete, but at least I know I'll be busy during the summer.

Here are some photos from the last few weeks. Enjoy!

Peace,

Megan

PHOTOS:

Introducing.... Mr. Potato Bed!



Mahri, Sue, Brooke and I recently went on a beautiful hike over the mountains.



Yes! Goats in trees are not just a myth!



There was a cool little cave inside this rock. Mahri and I went in to check it out.



Looking out from the cave at Sue and Brooke.



We also got to hike in a forest! A forest! I felt so happy and homesick all at the same time.



Mostly happy, though!



Just a lovely wall with some lovely flowers.



Moon rising over my cyber town.



Anny came to visit at the beginning of May. We walked about 45 mins to the kasbah and had tea at the top.



Flyaway.



This sunset was even more amazing than in this picture. We got to enjoy this view on the walk back.



Mr. Potato Bed finally stops moving for a bit.



Some tiny little drops of water came out of the faucet a few weeks ago. And then they went away again. It was so sad.



The girls and I went on a new hike recently, which ended up being half the hike to the tallest mountain in the area.



Just to give you an idea of the incline we hiked up.



Happy me again! How did I end up with the only female hikers I've heard of in Morocco? Soooo lucky!



We found these tiny apples growing way out in the middle of nowhere. Just like Granny Smith.



My friend RbiE walking along the crest after a lovely picnic.